Present: Caroline + Carole + Gos + Me
First project planning meeting. I shared my plans for the first project - looking at the usability of the InterMine Cloud Wizard, and talked about plans to assess its usability. Turns out I was thinking too big, and I need to think of much smaller chunks, and stop thinking so much like a software engineer - more theory, less implementation focus.
Some possible chunks:
- Reviewing usability of other bioinformatics tools (Possible: Galaxy, InterMine, Molgenis, Biothings)
- uxls toolkit applied in practice
- work with users who know intermine
- also users who do not.
Things to think about & learn:
- What is good wizardry practice?
- Work with E regarding literature.
Interesting / relevant conferences:
And always think - “so what?”.
Expanding into a longer set of thoughts:
- Why did you do x? Define questions more clearly.
- Why does it matter?
- How can we measure it?
- What knowledge do I gain that others can re-use?